News & Updates
Important update ~ the annual Spring Dinner is cancelled, please see newsletter for more details.
Winter Membership Drive Details, USFS and NFH Updates, WRRA Board Elections, History ...
Tacoma Roofing offers a Forest Service approved standing seam metal roof. The metal roof panel is a snap lock standing seam with striations that deliver an aesthetically pleasing metal roof.
F: 253-476-1547 | W: www.TacomaRoofCo.com
PO Box 64609 Tacoma, Washington 98464
News & Updates
January 2, 2023
The Winter Newsletter is now available! Lots of updates and articles you won't want to miss! One of the most important - the 2023 Membership Drive! Please join. And the Annual Family Snowplay event is coming up (January 15th) - don't miss it.
December 30, 2021
The WRRA Board announces the Ken Leader Distinguished Service Award
Following Ken Leader's death in December 2018, the Board decided to honor him in an ongoing way for his contributions to WRRA and the cabin program. This is a lasting tribute to Ken.
It is an award given by the Board and recognizes members who have demonstrated significant, unusual leadership. Any WRRA member may nominate another member by completing the Nomination form found here. Nominations are due by May 31, of any calendar year. Nominations will be reviewed by an ad hoc group of members identified by the Chair of the Recognition Committee and recommendations will be made to the Board.
We have many contributors in our association. Consider nominating someone for this very special recognition.
October 13, 2021
Directory Error Mitigation
As you hopefully read in the newsletter, there was a layout error in the alphabetizing of the cabin owner names in the 2021-2023 Directory. Pages 22/23 were switched with 24/25, so those 4 pages are out of order. The board considered several ways to mitigate this error, but in the end, we determined that a full reprint, page reprints on sticky back material, or other corrective measures, were cost prohibitive.
To address the issue we would suggest you do one or more of several things:
- Simply remember those pages are mis-alphabetized when using the Directory.
- To remind you, write on the outside of the directory, "Pages 22/23 and 24/25 are switched."
- Place a small card or sticky note in or on the pages that are out of order, and/or the front of the Directory.
- Print out this Reminder Notice, cut into strips, and add them to the front and insides of the Directory.
- Open the attached pages 22/23 and 24/25, print them, and glue, tape, or staple them into the Directory in the correct locations.
- For those without a printer, if you would like the secretary to mail you these print outs, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, we apologize for the layout error; we truly appreciate your understanding and hope these suggestions will be sufficient to mitigate the issue.
The White River Recreation Association (WRRA) is an organization comprised of holders of USDA - Forest Service special use permits, their cabin partners, and their families in the Upper White River Valley of the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.